Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm not exactly in 7th heaven here.

Rats! I just checked with the town clerk. I'm number 7 out of 9 in the list of names.

Oy! If I was in the first 6, I could count on some default votes because some people just check off the first 6 names.

Phooey! If I was last, I could make my sole sign say "Last but not least". But what do you do with 7th? How does one make 7th place a good spot? I'm open to suggestions. (Okay, not just open to them, pleading for them really.)

Maybe I should find out who is number 8 is and we can run a joint campaign. A lousy place on the ballot candidates.

Of course he or she could do an “Eight is Great” campaign. Phffft! The only things that rhyme with “Seven” are “Kevin” or “Leven”.

1 comment:

  1. How about:

    "Vote #7 for good luck!"

    or

    "A vote for number seven
    will help you get to heaven!"

    or

    "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven,
    That's the slot to vote, by heaven!"

    ReplyDelete